"Pallant Chambers has ‘great depth’ in commercial, employment, property and family law."Legal 500
“Always live up to expectations.”Legal 500
“Consistently high levels of service.”Legal 500
"The set has gone from strength to strength."Legal 500, 2018
“Always a pleasure to deal with."Legal 500
Elinor practices in all areas of general civil litigation, but specialises in personal injury and clinical negligence. Prior to joining chambers as a pupil she gained 8 years’ experience and was team leader at a leading southern set of solicitors, dealing with claimant based litigation in the areas of road traffic accidents, occupiers’, employer’s and public liability claims. She therefore has an invaluable understanding of how cases are prepared and costs incurred prior to litigation.
Elinor deals with claims of all ranges of quantum for both claimants and defendants, appearing as an advocate throughout the whole of the southern area. She frequently accepts instructions by way of conditional fee agreements and is pleased to review cases with solicitors on an informal basis at the early stages of a potential claim; particularly in the cases of clinical negligence and fatal accident claims.
She has been instructed to act on behalf of the Motor Insurers’ Bureau and appears in the Supreme Court Costs Office. She also regularly acts in credit hire claims, and advises on cases involving injuries caused by animals. She is also involved in litigation arising under the new “Low Value” personal injury claims in road traffic accidents.
Recent cases include the following:
- Successfully advising a claimant on liability and quantum in the case of a secondary victim who suffered PTSD after seeing his fiancée killed in an RTA
- Successfully advising a claimant on liability and quantum in a clinical negligence case whereby an Implanon device was inserted too deep and was unremoveable
- Advising a claimant on liability and quantum when she had been knocked to the ground by a dog. An offer to settle was made by the defendant just weeks before trial
- Successfully advising a claimant on liability and quantum where there was a delay and failure to diagnose a slipped hip in a teenage girl, leading to shortening of the leg and early degeneration
- Advising a claimant on liability and quantum when she caught her shoe on worn stairs at work. A settlement offer was made by the defendant just weeks before trial
- Succeeding on behalf of a claimant at trial in establishing that a manufactured and installed lantern roof was neither of satisfactory quality or fit for purpose, by reason of excessive condensation rendering the room beneath un-useable
- Succeeding on behalf of a claimant at trial in establishing that their cabriolet car was neither fit for purpose or of satisfactory quality by reason of numerous faults including failure of the roof opening system, leaking and rattling