Chambers enjoys an enviable reputation in the field of family law throughout the South. The family finance team undertakes the whole spectrum of financial cases from those with modest means to high net worth individuals.
Members of the team are highly experienced in advocacy and can provide specialist and skilled advice in conference, writing or by telephone. The team recognises the importance of negotiation at all stages of the process. A large proportion of the team are recommended in the Legal 500.
Areas undertaken include matters involving:
• Farming cases, private companies, international and offshore assets, partnerships
• Ante and post nuptial agreements
• Same-sex separations pursuant to the Civil Partnership Act 2004
• Intervention applications in Claims under the Trusts of Land Act
• Financial remedies under Schedule I of the Children Act
• Injunctive relief
• Enforcement and variation
The team prides itself upon being “Client cost aware.” With prudent time management and the encouragement of realistic compromise where appropriate the team is able to provide a diligent and cost effective service whilst fully managing Client expectations.
In a climate which promotes alternative dispute resolution and mediation the team is equally suited to the non-combative approach and a number of members are qualified mediators. Chambers is able to offer a full mediation service.