Bernard Weatherill QC
- BA (Law)
- Called: 1974
- Based: Chichester
''an excellent advocate and trial lawyer who commands the respect of Judges and witnesses'' (Legal 500, 2010), : ''He has all the requisite academic and technical ability that one expects of an eminent QC, but he is also practical and understands the real world.'' (Chambers & Partners 2010)
Bernard Weatherill QC is a hugely experienced commercial and general chancery silk. His practice has an emphasis towards litigation.
He has acted in many substantial and noteworthy cases for significant clients ranging from the members of the Queen’s Club to Lloyds names, lottery winners and FTSE listed companies. His experience as a non-executive director of a listed plc and of the Bar Services Co Ltd enables him to give particularly cogent advice on commercial and boardroom disputes.
He is a trained mediator and an FCIArb.
Qualifications and Professional Associations
- BA (law) at the University of Kent
- Called to the Bar in 1974
- Silk 1996
- FCIArb and accredited Mediator
- Chancery Bar Association (past member of the ChBA Committee)
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Property Bar Association
- Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
- Past Member of the Bar Council and of the Professional Conduct Committee.
- Appointed Recorder in 2000
- Bencher of The Honourable Society of The Middle Temple
- Legal Assessor to the Discipline and Appeals Committee of the Council for Licensed Conveyancers
- Non-Executive director of A Cohen & Co plc 1990-2000
- Chairman and Board Member of the Bar Services Co. Ltd 2000-2008
- Non-Executive director of Croydon Business Venture Ltd 2009-